Microsoft ForeFront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 has new features to protect your corporate users from Web-site based Malware. This is a subscription service that you can purchase through Volume Licensing.
What can really be confusing is entering the License Key for enabling the Malware Inspection service on TMG. I have been asked where do I find the key? It’s not listed in the Microsoft Licensing Portal with all the other product keys, so this causes some confusion. Instead of entering a standard type of product key in this case, you actually enter your Enterprise Agreement or Select Agreement, Enrollment Number in the box it asks fro your key and you enter the expiration date of that Agreement.
The following step-by-step guide shows how to enter the required information to enable the Malware Inspection service in TMG.
2. Right-click “Web Access Policy”, choose “Configure”, “Malware Inspection”
3. On the “Malware Inspection” menu, click “License Details” (in the upper right corner).
4. Enter your Select or Enterprise Agreement enrollment number (7 digit number) in the ‘License agreement number’ box. Set the ‘Expiration date’ which is the date that your License Agreement expires, or is up for renewal. Click “Apply” and “OK”.
5. You will be prompted to “Apply” or “Discard” the changes to the configuration. Click “Apply”.
6. A new Window may prompt you to enter a ‘Change description”, complete this and Click “Apply”.
7. The Window will indicate it is ‘Saving Configuration Changes’. Click “OK”.
That’s all there is to it. Now your TMG Server to TMG Array is updated with the required information to enable the Web Inspection services.